Magazine Project

15.3.13

Over the last 3 months, I have been working with 3 of my classmates to write, design, and publish a 24-page magazine about environment and sustainable living in Manitoba. The last two weeks in particular, have been full of late nights as we try to wrap up our work, get ready to send our magazine off to be printed, and plan our magazine launch, which will occur on March 28 at Red River College (you're all invited!).

Even though I have been spending all my waking hours at school and am in dire need of a good night's rest, I am really pleased with how our magazine is turning out and can't wait to get a copy in my hands. This assignment has been the most challenging, interesting, and hands-on assignment I have ever completed. I met so many interesting people while conducting research and interviews for the magazine, and I've learned so much about photography through the trial and error of capturing great photos.

When I entered CreComm, I had little knowledge of editing software programs such as InDesign and Photoshop. As I compare my work from first term with my design work in our magazine, I can really see how my design skills have come a long way. In fact, I am really enjoying using InDesign and Photoshop, and am looking forward to learning more about the programs.

I apologize for the short blog post this week — next week will be much better, promise!

Happy weekend everyone.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Meghan Franklin Communications All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger